Saturday, August 18, 2012

Some people are just so nice...

So a few weeks back, as I've written about a few times, a long-time friend of mine surprised me with a pregnancy announcement that kind of rocked my world.  Well, today, she told 2 of our other close friends and one of them immediately called and left me a really sweet voicemail wondering how I was doing and saying that she was thinking about me, guessing that M's news had been very hard to take. So nice of her to call. I haven't told a ton of friends about our journey but many of those that I have told have turned out to be so supportive, even if they have never been through anything like this. M also wrote me a nice email the other day apologizing for how she told me her news and saying that she is hoping so much that I will be close behind her with a pregnancy. She said that she had no idea that I would be so surprised by the news and that in retrospect she wishes she had told me by email or phone instead of face-to-face. She wrote that she is so sad for T and I and wishing she could do something to change what it happening to us. I really appreciated her email.  So, I think that I have officially survived my "worst nightmare" as I described it in one of my posts.

I've been thinking about making a list of fun things I should do before we start our IVF in September/October...things that I won't be able to do if (WHEN!) I am pregnant. Any suggestions? I don't want to look back at the time around my 30th birthday as being "the birthday with the failed IVF cycle" so if I do some fun things leading up to it, maybe I'll have better memories of these next few months if it doesn't work. The only thing I can think of right now is horseback riding...I love horseback riding and haven't done it in awhile. Definitely wouldn't want to do it while pregnant! Hmmmm...what else?

I had to work today but tomorrow T and I are going camping and surfing again until Tuesday! So excited! We've had such nice weather for the West Coast these past few weeks so it will be great to be back at the beach. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. That is so nice that your friends reached out to you. I have to say, I have found my friends to be so supportive of this process, even if they don't have any similar experience. It makes me glad I've told them.

    No good advice for pre-IVF stuff. But definitely do anything physical that you want to do before you start the stims. My RE is vehement that nothing that could jostle the ovaries be done (even things I think of as relatively benign like the elliptical machine).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad things are better with your friend!

      Delete
  2. Awesome that your friend emailed you! such a nice gesture.

    I will recommend ziplining - IT IS SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN. Such an adrenaline rush!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ziplining...so fun! I did it in Costa Rica! Good idea!

      Delete
  3. What lovely, supportive friends you have. I'm so happy that your friend reached out to you realizing the news of your other friend's pregnancy would be difficult to hear. And I'm glad your other friend who is pregnant has some brains and reached out to you about her shortcomings in how she told you about her pregnancy. Sounds like she is really pulling for you and isn't taking the selfish route by talking about nothing but her pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - I recommend going to wine tastings before you are pregnant. I will really miss this when I'm finally pregnant even though my hubby and I only go to a few vineyards a year.

      Delete
    2. Yes! Wine tasting! Perfect. We love wine! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  4. Eat sushi, drink wine, work out. I had a great list for myself before starting IVF, and I'm so glad I did - it put me in a MUCH better place before starting the injections.

    ReplyDelete