Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's good news!

We were back at the clinic today for our orientation to IVF and I start Synarel nasal spray this Sunday! Yay! I'm so excited to get started. I feel sorry for all non-medical people having to learn to mix meds...I was feeling a little overwhelmed and I'm a nurse! With this timing, egg retrieval should be right near the end of the month. One of the parts of the orientation was meeting with a person from the financial department. Yikes, this is going to cost a lot! I'm trying not to think too much about that part...

We had a great little vacation with perfect weather. I can't say I was too successful in forgetting about IVF and babies but I had fun anyways! 

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend!

Oh, one more thing...had a date with the dildo-cam today for an antral follicle count. The RE who did it (my RE for once...most of the time I get one of the other 5 RE's for procedures) asked me if I wanted to insert the probe myself.  Anyone else's RE offer that? It was kinda like "um...you all have shoved enough random things in there over the past few months that I think I'll be OK with the U/S probe..."

6 comments:

  1. Um no, I've never been asked that by the person performing my u/s to count my follicles. I find that really odd actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, weird. They've never asked if I wanted to insert my own speculum so why the probe? I adore my RE, he is so kind and wonderful...so maybe he was just being polite? Maybe he forgot that I'd had an u/s before so was being nice for my "first time"? I don't know.

      Delete
  2. Yay for getting started!! & about the u/s my 3rd scan I had the tech ask me the same thing and from that appointment on every single one asked me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad to hear it isn't just my doc who asks! Maybe some women find it uncomfortable so prefer to do it themselves?

      Delete
  3. I don't think I could reach down there while in stirrups. Short arms maybe. What an odd question. And I totally get what you mean about the meds. I'm a nurse too and have been mixing up and drawing up meds for years but I was so freaked out when doing it for IVF. Plus I really hate giving myself shots. Not sure why.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to make T give me the shots (he's an RN too) because I'm totally scared to give them to myself! I'm glad I'm not the only one! What kind of nursing do you do? I'm in public health....immunizations, breast feeding, TB control etc...used to work on a pediatric cardiology ward.

      Delete