Here is the first set of questions from From Here to Motherhood.
1. What was the last good book you read? The Virgin Cure
2. What is the favorite city/country you have ever traveled to? The Galapagos Islands, for sure...highly recommend a trip there! Expensive but absolutely unforgettable!
3. If there was one word you could choose out of the dictionary, which one would you choose to best describe yourself? Hmmm...Complicated?
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve? People who litter...I just DON'T understand it!
5. What was the biggest lesson you learned so far while TTC? To nurture your marriage. T and I had too many TTC-related fights and it's just not worth it.
6. Tell me something quirky about you? I have a terrible short-term memory but an unbelievable long-term one. Just ask my husband!
7. Who or what’s been your biggest influence throughout your life? My grandmother. She is an amazing, strong woman.
8. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what’s the most ridiculous thing on it? I don't really have a bucket list but I have always wanted to go on a cattle-drive!
9. What do you do for a living? I'm a Public Health Nurse...basically an RN who works in the community with babies and families (among other things). Not the easiest job for an infertile. I see newborns every day at work.
10. How many kids would you like in total? I have always wanted 3 but infertility has decreased that to 2. However, if we are only blessed with 1 then I will learn to be content with that.
11. If you won 50 million (which is the current jackpot amount of the lottery here) what are the first things you’d do with it? Hmmmm...I think I'd buy a round of IVF for all the wonderful women I've met through this blog...then I'd pay off our mortgage, buy each member of my family the house of their dreams and then TRAVEL!
And now the second set of questions from Nikki at HopefulandHungry.
2. What is your favorite movie? Finding Nemo...I know, odd but I just love it!
3. What is your biggest fear? Well, at this moment, my ultrasound next week but on most days SPIDERS! I just cannot handle them. I freak out!
4. If you could find out one celebrity was following your blog, who would you want it to be? Does Kate Middleton count as a celebrity?
5. Who do you tell your secrets to? My best friend E...the one who was just here visiting.
6. Place you would most like to travel to? Australia. Our plan since we were married was to travel there while I was on Mat leave with our first baby (I get a year off and T could take a month of work to go). We are trying to figure out whether we can still afford this after paying for treatment.
7. Toilet paper-over or under? Oh my goodness...OVER
8. What motivates you? Knowing that one day my hard work will pay off.
9. What is your favorite type of exercise? Zumba!
10. What makes you laugh? My husband, seriously he has the BEST sense of humor.
11. Who do you admire? I have a friend who is fighting her second battle with cancer. This time it's not looking good. Her strength through this fight as been remarkable.
It seems like many (most) of the blogs I read have already been nominated so I am going to take a cue from EmHart and ask all you readers one question. If you've never commented before, take this as your opportunity to introduce yourself!
Here it is: Since I love traveling, I have to ask a travel-related one. If you could move anywhere in the world for one year, all-expenses paid, where would you move? Let's hear it!