Tuesday, February 5, 2013

20 Weeks!

I'm "half-way" through my pregnancy...although there is no way that I will go until 40 weeks so I'm definitely more than half-way! My anatomy scan is tomorrow which I am SO looking forward to! I can't wait to see them again! Like I said in an earlier post, we aren't going to find out the genders but I'm sure it will be VERY tempting once we are there in that ultrasound room!

The other day I thought I was having Braxton-Hicks contractions which kind of freaked me out. I paged my midwife who reassured me that they can start a lot earlier in twin pregnancies but to keep a close eye out for other signs of preterm labor. Ugh. That gave me a few rough days when I was sure that every twinge was the start of labor! Now that I've had this "contraction" feeling for a few days, I'm actually thinking that it is the babies shifting around, it seems like only part of my stomach gets hard so I don't think that would happen with a contraction. I am definitely feeling them move a lot more now. The other day in church, one of them was doing somersaults! What a cool feeling! I think he/she liked the music!

Work has been VERY stressful lately which is hard...I just can't wait to go on mat leave! One year off! Hurray for Canada! Sorry to all my American readers! I am an RN but I don't work in a hospital. I work in a public health office where we do immunizations, communicable-disease follow-up (TB etc), breastfeeding support, answer random questions, go and do health presentations in schools etc. Our upper management recently decided that we don't work enough evenings and weekends to "meet the needs of the community" so they are going to totally screw with our schedules! It is so frustrating because they never even did any kind of study or anything to see if people would use our services more on the weekends and evenings! With their new "improved" schedule they are proposing, we will be working more than quadruple the number of evenings and weekends we do now. UGH! That's going to make child-care very difficult once I come back to work because T is a nurse as well and works shifts. Why these "manager" people make decisions without actually talking to us or our clients, I will never know. It's making work a very unhappy place right now! STRESSFUL!

Well, since I am typing this at work I better go...I'll let you know how my scan goes tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the half way mark! That is awesome! That sounds like a very stressful work environment to be in right now, I'm sorry. Very cool that you actually get a full year of maternity leave though! I always thought it would be so stressful to leave my baby in child care at only 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Canada....you are very very lucky. America blows when it comes to maternity leave!!! Congrats on the halfway mark. You are way stronger then me with not finding out, but what a surprises it will be when they are here!!! Movement is so exciting....I love that they love music!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on half way! And like Canada, we get a good amount of time off for maternity leave. I don't wanna go back to work though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can't imagine the somersaults feeling. Crazy! I'm sure there will be a lot of that going on in the future, too : )

    ReplyDelete