Tuesday, February 19, 2013

22 weeks and some drama...

I've made it to 22 weeks! Yay! We even bought carseats on the weekend because they were on sale. But alas, things cannot go smoothly for long with me. Last night I started to feel more and more Braxton-Hicks contractions and by this morning just felt miserable. Really crampy and an upset stomach. I went to work but basically did nothing because I had no energy. At lunch I finally called my midwife's office and they sent me straight to the hospital for potential pre-term labor. UGH! I spent 4 hours there getting bloodwork, urine tests and a vaginal exam. They don't think that the babies are in any imminent danger of being born but that I must be very careful to monitor my symptoms. The OB that I saw today said that if my cervix is any shorter at my next ultrasound (in 2 weeks) then she wants me to go off work. CRAZY! I'll only be 24 weeks! Of course I'll do it because I will do ANYTHING to ensure these babies have the best chance but I was not expecting to be off work that soon. So...say and little prayer for me and the babies if you think of it! I want them to cook for MUCH longer!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having drama! You only had a short break from it! Hope the uterus calms down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how fast 9 months seems to go, although at times I'm sure you probably think its crawling along. You take care of yourself and those babies. Prayers are being said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been downloading books onto my iPad, for my future bed rest. I know bed rest is not what any of us want to hear, but in the end it will be so worth it. I hope it all calms down soon, and that bed rest does not happen....but in the mean time take good care of yourself and those precious little babes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely be thinking positive thoughts for you and your babies. I hope you'll all stay healthy and the twins stay put!

    ReplyDelete